1. How does a “Tax Brake Auto Loan” work?
If you own a home, you may be able to claim interest paid on your auto loan through a “Tax Brake Auto Loan”. A great product for homeowners buying a car!
Regular auto loan documentation required
- A mortgage is also recorded on your home
- Every year, a 1098 interest statement is sent to you for tax preparation
2. How can I get my employer to offer TFCU services at the company?
Call our Outreach Specialist at (508) 802-6457. They will then contact the Human Resources Department at your company to schedule visits.
3. What is the difference between a credit union and a bank?
A credit union is a not-for-profit organization, where a bank is a for-profit corporation. Taunton Federal Credit Union uses earnings to provide value to its members and offer products and services that benefit these members at a savings whenever possible.
4. Do you have to be a city worker to have an account at TFCU?
No, you do not have to be a city worker to have an account at TFCU. Anyone who lives, works, or worships in Taunton, Raynham, Berkley, Dighton, Lakeville, Middleboro, Norton, or Rehoboth may be a member.
5. What is the difference between NCUA and FDIC insurance?
Although similar, since both have the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), is the independent federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. NCUA operates the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). It insures each depositor up to $100,000.00. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures each depositor in a state or federally chartered bank up to $100,000.00. Taunton Federal Credit Union has NCUA insurance.
6. Can you make a mortgage payment online?
Yes, you may make mortgage payments online through Online Banking.
7. What are the Church Green Companies?
There are five Church Green Companies that are affiliated with Taunton Federal Credit Union. Church Green Financial Services, LLC can help you with investments to save for the future. Church Green Insurance Agency, LLC offers group auto and homeowners insurance through Farrell Backlund Insurance. Church Green Business Services, LLC offers many great business products to small businesses. Church Green Real Estate Services, LLC offers both buyer and seller real estate services. Church Green Professional Services, LLC offers tax preparation services.
8. What is the Routing Number for Taunton Federal Credit Union?
The Taunton Federal Credit Union routing number is 211386115.
9. How do I make a wire transfer?
To make a wire transfer, you need to come to Taunton Federal Credit Union with the account number and routing number of the other institution. Your signature on the form authorizes the wire transfer.
10. How do I make a wire transfer from another institution to my account at TFCU?
- The ABA/Routing number to be used is 211391773. (This is EasCorp’s routing #. TFCU does not have a direct link with the Federal Reserve.)
- Next, Taunton Federal Credit Union must be listed as beneficiary and if possible, list our ABA/Routing number, which is 211386115.
- Finally, the member receiving the wire must be listed as the final beneficiary. Please include the following:
- The member’s full name
- Account number
- Share type, such as 000, 010
***Note: If any of this information is not included, then the wire will be returned to the originating institute and the member will not receive credit here at the Credit Union. Please make sure the originating institute understands this procedure.